2018 Emerald Gems 4th Annual U.S.V.I. Youth Basketball Camps
CAMP DIRECTOR MILTON NEWTON
Milt is a member of the board of directors for the Emerald Gems Foundation, Inc. Milt received his Bachelor’s degree in Education and Masters in Sports Administration from the University of Kansas. An advocate for youth, Milt believes in volunteering and has coached and mentored youth in Africa for eight years, as part of Basketball Without Borders Africa, the NBA and FIBA’s global basketball development and community outreach program that unites young basketball players to promote the sport and encourage positive social change in the areas of education, health and wellness. He is also a board member of the Frank R. Williams Scholarship Fund whose mission is to provide financial support to Calvin Coolidge Senior High School (Washington, DC) senior student athletes who are seeking higher education. In addition, Milt has mentored at-risk youth at GreenTree Adolescent Program in Bethesda, MD. A native of St. Thomas USVI, it is Milt’s desire to empower the youth of the USVI by drawing on his experiences and acumen in the sport and business of basketball. Also, a consultant for the Virgin Islands National Basketball Federation. Milt is the former General Manager of the NBA’s Minnesota Timberwolves and currently, the Assistant General Manager of the NBA’s Milwaukee Bucks.
Campers will work on new innovative skill techniques and drills designed to improve their game and basketball knowledge. They will also compete in 3-on-3 and 5-on-5 games, in addition to shooting and skill competitions. NBA personnel will instruct the campers.
- For Ages 8-13: Tuesday, July 31st & Wednesday, August 1st
- For Ages 14-17: Thursday, August 2nd & Friday, August 3rd
- Camp Time: 9:00am-3:00pm (FOR ALL DAYS)
- Registration Deadline: Monday, June 11th, 2018
- Cost: FREE
- Location: Ivanna Eudora Kean High School
ADDITIONAL CAMP INFORMATION
- For Ages 8-13: First come, first served for up to 50 camp spots.
- For Ages 14-17: Up to 50 campers will be selected. Local coaches may assist with the selection process. Must complete a Registration Form to be considered.
- Refreshments: Lunch, Gatorade and water will be provided
- Please Note: If your child secures a camp spot, you will receive a confirmation email within a week of your submission.
- IMPORTANT: Please click the Online Registration button below to register for the Camp. If needed, click on Printable Flyer and Registration Form links below for hard copy. Registration Form deadline is Monday, June 11, 2018. Apparel and basketball shoes are not guaranteed.