2020 6th Annual U.S.V.I. Youth Basketball Camp – Free Two-Day Camp
Our 2020 Basketball Camps were cancelled due to the pandemic. Please know our priority is the health and wellness of our coaches and campers. Therefore, we will continue to adhere to the directions of the public health officials on COVID-19, to make a well-informed decision about our Basketball Camps. It is our intent not to compromise the safety of anyone.
CAMP DIRECTOR MILTON NEWTON
Milt is a member of the board of directors for the Emerald Gems Foundation, Inc. Milt received his Bachelor’s degree in Education and Masters in Sports Administration from the University of Kansas. An advocate for youth, Milt believes in volunteering and has coached and mentored youth in Africa for eight years, as part of Basketball Without Borders Africa, the NBA and FIBA’s global basketball development and community outreach program that unites young basketball players to promote the sport and encourage positive social change in the areas of education, health and wellness. He is also a board member of the Frank R. Williams Scholarship Fund whose mission is to provide financial support to Calvin Coolidge Senior High School (Washington, DC) senior student athletes who are seeking higher education. In addition, Milt has mentored at-risk youth at GreenTree Adolescent Program in Bethesda, MD. A native of St. Thomas USVI, it is Milt’s desire to empower the youth of the USVI by drawing on his experiences and acumen in the sport and business of basketball. Also, a consultant for the Virgin Islands National Basketball Federation. Milt is the former General Manager of the NBA’s Minnesota Timberwolves and currently, the Assistant General Manager of the NBA’s Milwaukee Bucks.
Campers will work on new innovative skill techniques and drills designed to improve their game and basketball knowledge. They will also compete in 3-on-3 and 5-on-5 games, in addition to shooting and skill competitions. NBA personnel will instruct the campers.
- For Ages 8-13: August Camp, Dates TBD
- For Ages 14-17: August Camp, Dates TBD
- Camp Time: 9am-3pm (ALL DAYS)
- Registration: Will be open in May/June of 2020.
- Cost: FREE
- Location: Ivanna Eudora Kean High School
ADDITIONAL CAMP INFORMATION
- For Ages 8-13: First come, first served for up to 50 camp spots.
- For Ages 14-17: Up to 50 campers will be selected. Local coaches may assist with the selection process. Must complete a Registration Form to be considered.
- Refreshments: Lunch, Gatorade and water will be provided
- Please Note: If your child secures a camp spot, you will receive a confirmation email within a week of your submission.
Click edit button to change this text.